cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankaj
Frequent Visitor

Approval flow dynamic list of approvers and tasks

Having a bit of trouble with getting this flow to work properly.

Setup and expected results:

1. 2 SharePoint lists:
    Managers - SharePoint list with storename and 3 columns with people / group configuration for the tier1-tier3 columns. 1 person to approve in each tier.
  2. Tasks - SharePoint list with Task name, task description and links to more information / guiding.

managers.PNGtasks.PNG

Flow expectations:

The tasks will be recurring each month and there should be 1 approval per task per store. Each Approval should go out to each Tier1 approver and they have to approve each task without any relation to the other tier1 approvers and their approval status.

So tier1 approver should get 2 approval requests (as there's currently 2 tasks in SharePoint list of tasks) and each approver should independently approve for his/her store.

When the tier1 approver has approved/rejected we'll continue on with the flow and send them e-mail of the outcome. This step i have not yet build and I think these steps should be trivial.

Current flow build:

flowpt1.PNGflowpt2.PNG

Issue:

I'm successfull in sending out 2 tasks for approval for 2 stores and they get the tasks for approval straight away and they approve/decline independently. HOWEVER as soon as i change approval type to "Create and Wait for approval" it sends out only to 1 approver and only sends to next approver after the first Tier1 approver has confirmed / declined. The same happens if i add "Wait for approval" at the end of the flow.

The desired outcome is to send out approval request for each task to each tier1 approver straight away and then capture outcome per approval afterwards.

How should i alter the current flow in order to send out 1 approval request to each tier 1 approver straight away, but at the same time be able to continue on with the flow adding i.e. sending mail when each approval per approver and task is declined / approved?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @frankaj ,

You could take a try to set the Apply to each actions in your flow for turning the Concurrency Control On.

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-alzhan-msft i've tried that already but that leads to the follow result:

Both tasks are send to first user straight away, but the second person will only get the approval AFTER first person has either approved or declined the task.

Regards.

Frank

Hi @frankaj ,

I'm afraid that it is the expected behavior when add the Approval inside an Apply to each, If you don't want is issue appear, I suggest that you shouldn't add the approval inside the Apply to each.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-alzhan-msft  okay, how would you suggest the flow is set up then for achieving the goal outlined in the original post?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (37,888)