cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval flow email's file link doesn't work

Hi, can you please help me with how to properly set the flow to approve a document stored on OneDrive? I have essentially an issue only with setting the correct link to the OneDrive document for approval, that link is in an email with instruction to approve or to reject. I tried it on the template „On approval, move a new OneDrive file to a different folder“. My current link looks like „/drives/b!K53XJ4nUmUmESMT6UBXUkJqfIF6nac5Fi8zzpGVHdnlKC3mmGAOeTajKke6ImJ_p/root:/folder1/file name.xlsx“.

Thank you very much, Pavel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @drexler ,

Could you share more details on your scenario?

How do you want to trigger the flow?

To get a link of the file, we could use an action Create a share link.

I have figured out a flow likes below for your reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @drexler 

Can you please post a screenshot of the flow? I am guessing the link to the item/file has not been properly referenced. If you could post a screenshot here we could have a better look and assist you better that way. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 . I hope that pictures are sufficient. if not, I can do another. I've tried more variations of setting of this flow but nothing worked properly, the link/item path still does not work. For approval, it's important to know what's being approved, but now its not accessible for approvers.

I would also like to send the approval email to a designated person automatically (person is set up before starting of the flow), but it can be easily resolved by forwarding of approval emails manually by administrator set in box "Assigned to". This is also secondary and unnecessary...

Thanks, Pavelprintcreen.JPGhu.JPG

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @drexler ,

Could you share more details on your scenario?

How do you want to trigger the flow?

To get a link of the file, we could use an action Create a share link.

I have figured out a flow likes below for your reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hey @drexler 

That is because yo are referring the wrong field in the Item Link of the approval process. You should use the URL option from the dynamic selector of the create share link by path action over there. Please see the screenshot below:onedrive.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 @v-yamao-msft , thank you very very much! It works great! Pavel

Helper I
Helper I

@yashag2255 I am having the same problem but URL is not a choice for me to grab?  I only have "File Content, File Content type, File entity tag, File identifier, File name and File path"?

@yashag2255  Please disregard - I discovered my mistake thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (63,288)