cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RamonaFrede

Approval flow outcome and condition "value" - result always rejected

I am setting up an approval flow for a leave register in a sharepoint list. The flow needs to register the "Requestor" and the approval request going to the respective line manager (I changed the approval window from "Start an approval" to "Create an approval". In my initial attempts I was successful in recording the approval with the "Start an approval" option, but the "Requestor" always appeared as one person. As I only need one response from the line manager, I have chosen "First to Respond"

After changing the approval type, I have been successful with the approval notices originating from the correct team member but all the responses appear as "Rejected" even when "Approved" when saved into the sharepoint list.

When I try and work on the Condition I don't get any values dyanamic values that appear like a output (eg response, outcome)

Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshots below

WorkflowWorkflowCondition - can't find comparable value  "Response" or "Outcome"Condition - can't find comparable value "Response" or "Outcome"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@RamonaFrede  you need to use "Wait for an approval" action along with Create Approval action. You will get outcome in dynamic content of "Wait for an approval" action

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@RamonaFrede  you need to use "Wait for an approval" action along with Create Approval action. You will get outcome in dynamic content of "Wait for an approval" action

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,549)