cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval flow: sending one approval email to respondent rather than one email per response

Hey all! I've been working on a flow meant to take form responses and put them through an approval process (Start and wait for an approval; Approve/Reject - Everyone must approve) before proceeding based on one of two outcomes:

If everyone approves: the respondent's info is added as a row on a table and they're sent an approval email using "Send an Email V2"

If at least one person rejects: the respondent is sent a rejection email using "Send an email V2"

My issue is that after the application is approved by the approvers, the respondent is sent several emails (one per approver response) rather than one email based on the outcome. I feel like it has to do with the input for the "Apply to each" sections, but I've tried many things after looking for help online and I can't seem to figure it out. I'm relatively new to PA, so any help is much appreciated!

Link to screenshot:

https://boyscouts-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/ryanjack_scouting_org/EeBLUdwAuOpLtGWCxDlGqQEB3Sw...

Thanks,

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just move the 'Send an email' action out of the 'Apply to each', in the same way as it is in the solution you found.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This post helped in getting all the information into one email, however there remains the issue of preventing the same email from being sent for each response:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Multiple-Approval-Respond-in-Single-Email/m-p/582...

Just move the 'Send an email' action out of the 'Apply to each', in the same way as it is in the solution you found.

View solution in original post

Thanks! I knew it was something simple

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,151)