cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Quinzio
Level: Powered On

Approval flow with a variable/dynamic number of approvers

In sharepoint I want to create an approval flow (all must approve) with a variable/dynamic number of approvers.

My idea is to create a custom column called "Approvers" where I manually write the emails of all the approvers I want, separated by ";". Eg "name1.surname1@example.com; name2.surname2@example.com; ..." as shown in picture 1.

Picture1.jpgPicture 1

Then, according to picture 2, the approval task sends the email to all the emails written in the "Approvers" column.

Picture2.jpgPicture 2

Picture3.jpgPicture 3

The approval flow works. However, by now I have to enter manually the string "Approve" as many times as the number of approvers in condition step, as shown in picture 3. I want my flow to automatically set the string "Approve" in the condition step according to the quantity of approvers involved in the flow, since the number of approvers may vary.

Could you help me to implement a dynamic condition step?

I'm also open to other new solutions if my solution is not efficient. The only aim is to manage an approval flow with a variable number of approvals in which all of them must approve.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Approval flow with a variable/dynamic number of approvers

hi @Quinzio  I don't know if I understand you well but you need to do something like this.

asi.PNG

Every output with an approve? 

If is yes, I'm sorry to tell you that you can't do this.

Maeby to could try with a loop.

Jcook
Level 10

Re: Approval flow with a variable/dynamic number of approvers

Hello @Quinzio

You can use ‘Responses’ instead of ‘Outcome’ as your dynamic content.

Responses is an array of all the outcomes.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,417)