Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reetika
Microsoft
Microsoft

Approval flow

My scenario:

I have four Approvers- Appover1 , Approver2 , Approver 3 and Approver 4

Approver 1 from my application interface clicks approve --> Http trigger in flow initiates it --> Start Approval and wait action for Approval 2 --> Approval 2 approves through email --> Approval 3 approves from application inteface

Can flow suffice the scenario where user can approval the flow at two junctions either from application interface or from email??

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Reetika 

You can trigger a flow from your application interface by using the When an Http request is received trigger in the flow but I believe you cannot actually respond to an approval from a custom application interface. You can use the base functionality that users can respond to the approval from their emails or the flow approvals dashboard and build the multi-level approval scenario in it. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I have the scenario where user wants approval from application interaface and email

Hi @Reetika 

Unfortunately that is not supported directly right now with approval actions. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Is this scenario's implementation future feature expected from Flow..?
Or Can we raise my request as idea for Flow team..

Hi @Reetika 

Approval actions require authentication and the response is expected from the person who has been assigned as the approver. That is supported through Outlook email, approval center and teams only at the moment. However, if you think it should be added as a feature, you can create an idea post here or upvote any already existing similar ones. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,328)