cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abalanea
Regular Visitor

Approval for conditional form answers - email errors

I am struggling to build a flow that is triggered conditionally based on form responses.

I have a form for suggestion submissions, which is broken down by different categories. The form is branched (so if the suggestion pertains to category A, it will take you to category A questions, rather than category B and C). 

I am trying to built a flow for approvals based on the different category answers. For example, if the responders select Category A, and answer Category A questions, the approval process will only pull answers from category A, rather than B and C. 

So far I have the following built:

When a new response is submitted -> get response details -> Condition 1 (which category) equals to (category a).

approval 1.png

If yes, -> start and wait for approval.

If no -> nothing yet.

approval 2.png

Apply to each -> responses -> Condition 2 (responses) is equal to (approve)

If yes -> send email for approval

If no -> send email for rejection

approval 3.png

approval 4.png

The flow checker keeps bringing up this error in relation to the email for approval

approval 5.png

I have no idea how to fix it....... send help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

1. Compare your condition with 1 Static value. You are comparing 2 dynamic values.

2. Instead of responses use "Outcome". Responses gives you full body of the request. "Outcome" will give you string. Either "Approve" or "Reject".

3. Use "Respondent's Display Name" in an email.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abalanea
Regular Visitor

I've figured it out. not sure what i did but i sorted it.

zmansuri
Super User
Super User

1. Compare your condition with 1 Static value. You are comparing 2 dynamic values.

2. Instead of responses use "Outcome". Responses gives you full body of the request. "Outcome" will give you string. Either "Approve" or "Reject".

3. Use "Respondent's Display Name" in an email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,923)