cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JO-OK
Frequent Visitor

Approval for folder contents

I have been working on my 1st flow for some time, and cannot seem to find much info for our scenario. We have multiple project folders that are created within our site, and files are added to this folder. The way the current flows are working on site with SP2010 and SPD2010, is the users trigger the flow to start when the files are all added. Is there a way to do something similar in PowerAutomate. Everything I see is by individual file for approval, but we need the whole folder contents to be approved in the flow. I will have about 20 individual flows to build, but most seem to be similar with the folder contents needing approval.

3 REPLIES 3
Koen5
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Dear JO-OK,

It seems to me that when you trigger the flow you could:

1. List all files in folder
  2. Loop through all the files and start an approval flow.
  3. Only once all approvals are 'approved' do you complete the flow and declare the folder 'approved'.
  4. You could choose to admin all the approvals seperately in a logbook (excel or Sharepoint List) for reference later.

Hope the suggestion helps, if so, please indicate in the thread as solution or leave a like.

Happy flowing,

Koen

JO-OK
Frequent Visitor

So, I have made some progress, now each folder is sending for approval, and I need just the folder a file is added to to send for approval. Once this goes live there could be multiple folders getting files for approval, I cananot have them all sending for approval each time a file is added to one.

JO-OK
Frequent Visitor

I have it now where only the folder with a file modified is sending and approval request, put a condition for the State to be Open, however, the flow is running twice, I think once when it changes from waiting and another when it is Open. Does anyone have any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,503)