cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrickreid

Approval recipients based on multiple values in item

I am trying to simplify my flow so that based on a combination of various item values an approval is created with recipients unique to that combination.

patrickreid_0-1617397457359.png

Example list with items.

Each column has the following choices to pick from and a numeric value for the total

Divsions - CSD,ORS,RCFS

Regions - East,West

Total - Number value

Based on these values an approval recipient scenario is triggered.

I am doing this now with parallel control conditions.

patrickreid_2-1617397669263.png

This img only shows the two scenarios. There are 40+ unique approval scenarios, with a possibility of chained approval scenarios. I do not want to build out 40 actions based on each condition. Number 1, the copy/paste preview function is very buggy and has caused me to lose and have to start over my flow a couple of times. Each action below is pretty long and prone to mistakes particularly when chaining the process. Number 2, in the event I need to add scenarios down the road I feel like having a central table that is referenced by the logic is more sustainable. Number 3, this doesn't really feel like a very elegant solution. Admittedly this is only the 2nd flow I have created and I am not a programmer, so I am learning as I go here but this obviously can be streamlined. I hate that each condition has to run too, seems wasteful.

This is how I see it working in my head, but I haven't found the tools to apply this in action just yet. 

Another list or table has the scenarios like so:

Division Regions Total DistroGroup

ORS, East, >15000, APP_1@email.com

ORS, East, <15000, APP_2@email.com

ORS, West, >15000, APP_3@email.com

ORS, West, <15000, APP_4@email.com

RCFS, East, >15000, APP_5@email.com

Based on the new item created, the values are checked against the criteria in this table and based on a match then sets a variable:

item added with values

ORS  West  20000

checked against table results then sets variable

$approval_DG=APP_3@email.com

Then a single action for the approval process is triggered and $approval_DG is used for the recipients.

Thanks for any tips.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,117)