Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yashm
Helper II
Helper II

Approval reminder email as a reply to the first approval notification email

Hey all,

So, I have built the flow for sending reminder emails to the approver if they don't approve it within a particular period. What I do not like is that the all the reminder emails get sent separately. See image below:Separate reminder and first approval email.Separate reminder and first approval email.

Is there a way where the reminder emails are in reply to the first approval notification flow? Like a usual email conversation thread. And the next reminder is a reply to the previous reminder. Can this be done some way?

It's basically how the approval process would've looked if done manually. I send an approval email, approver doesn't reply, I reply on the same email asking for a response, then again and again the way it becomes a thread so even the approver can check when was the first time he received the approval notification.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
jordan-mccowan
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello Yash,

I was reviewing your request and found another communities post where the user was trying to perform a similar process. I am going tp share below. Let me know if this works for you, or if you have any questions.

Link:
Solved: Reminder Email to Approver - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Jordan

-------

Community Support Team - Jordan McCowan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Hey Jordan!

Thankyou for replying. The link to the post you've shared to is about sending multiple emails to the approver post a certain amount of delay. I've figured that out.

What I want to change is, the 'reminder' emails get sent separately as new emails for every reminder. What I would like to have is that the reminder emails are sent as a reply to the original approval notification email. This way, it becomes an email thread. And whenever the approver opens a reminder email, he/she can scroll way down and see when the was the approval created. I hope that clears it.

In short, reminder emails as a reply to first approval notification email and not as separate emails (like in the image attached). Thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,289)