cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBeale
Helper III
Helper III

Approval request email is inconsistent, only sometimes includes link to Approvals center/ Manage your Flows

I'm working on a Flow and I've noticed that the email request the approver is inconsistent.  Sometimes it looks like the screen shot below, and sometimes it includes a large blue link to the Approvals center. Strangely, I just tried to open a request and it flashed the view with the link, but then returned to the view shown below after a second or so. Is there any way to control or predict this behavior? I've tested on various accounts, etc. and haven't discerned a pattern. Thank in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 15.22.49.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rahber
Super User II
Super User II

Well this is the standard look and feel that you have attached in the post.

there could be possible reasons for the approval center link coming up could be because of outdated email client.

the other reason because it flashes and changed to the default view is because the approvals are loaded in emails like iframes so that if you have already responded to an approval from some other source this email will infact show you that you have already responded o the approval.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rahber
Super User II
Super User II

Well this is the standard look and feel that you have attached in the post.

there could be possible reasons for the approval center link coming up could be because of outdated email client.

the other reason because it flashes and changed to the default view is because the approvals are loaded in emails like iframes so that if you have already responded to an approval from some other source this email will infact show you that you have already responded o the approval.

View solution in original post

Does the difference occur when using Outlook online and Outlook for desktop?  I tried to reproduce in my trial org but was not able to do so using the online center or the Desktop client.  As mentioned by Rahber this may be due to an outdated email client.

Thank you for getting back to me! 

I also wasn't able to duplicate the other email type on my personal or admin account (a colleague I was testing with received it on his account) but I just got it on a test account (screenshot below). When I clicked on the help link in the email it took me to this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4515128/issues-with-flow-approval-emails-in-outlook-desktop...

In both instances I was using Outlook online, but when I got the non actionable email I was using an account that had never connected to Power Automate, and in an incognito window. Could either of these factors lead to the non actionable email type? Thanks! 

non actionable.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (67,338)