Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Approval request email not sending

Hello,

I had a flow working just fine, that was a simple approval flow. The issue now, is that the "Start Approval" email, is not sending to the assigned person. I verified that it's not working, by deleting the approval set, and built it again, same issue. I then went ahead and deleted the whole Flow, (Hours of work gone), and it's still not working.

Confused as anything, I created a new flow, and made it as simple as possible, and it still will not send the email. I tried different assignees, and triggers. What else am I missing here?

DropBox of Flow Running

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Approval request email not sending

It's working again. I changed nothing, which is even more evidence to my theory that it was a service that was down on MS end. There really should be a status page when there is an outage, so we can see what components are affected.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue. Approval emails are no longer being delivered. is this an issue with the service?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue also.  My approval emails were sending until a couple of hours ago and then stopped.  The only way to approve them is through the Approval Queue.  All other emails are working fine.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I was looking for a server status page, but could not find anything. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here - workflow is not sending Approval emails to the *Assigned to email address.

Just spent over an hour thinking it was the flow I setup - but alas, not just I

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. I am pissed off now. Thousands of users are complaining as they are blocked. 

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It's working again. I changed nothing, which is even more evidence to my theory that it was a service that was down on MS end. There really should be a status page when there is an outage, so we can see what components are affected.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi all there

I am really confused about this feature because I have exactly the same problem. Looked everywhere and it really seems as easy as simply filling out the Assigned to field of the Start Approval step with a valid email address...

My email address is valid but my approval requests only appear in the approval center and are not sent by email...

Other emails are working fine... I understand you did nothing to correct the problem but it's really questioning my willing to use flows in my internal processes. Is it a reliable solution? Do we have someone to talk to and who can solve this stupid issue for good?

Thanks for any help 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,863)