cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ss_bent
Frequent Visitor

Approval response with reject and attachment!

HI,

I've working flow which creates an approval and send an approval email with attachment. As per the requirement if approver reject the request, they can send modified document to the creator. All the scenario are working fine except updated attachment while rejecting the request. 

Is there any workaround to achieve this?

Thank you,

7 REPLIES 7
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

That is a strange request. Typically approver enters comments on what changes are required and submitter should do the required changes and seek approval again. Is this a process issue?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for your reply. yeah you are right generally we have the same scenario which you are saying.

According to my requirement, in construction company there no. of designer who build all the prototypes(iso) for different checkers and checker open the pdf in acrobat reader if everything looks good. If that prototype requires some changes, checkers open that pdf in their designer tool and mark the area(it can be n number) where changes are required and send back(rejected scenario) the marked pdf to actual designer who build that prototype.

PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

what is the flow trigger? Is it a sharepoint list?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

"checkers open that pdf in their designer tool and mark the area(it can be n number) where changes are required"

In a secured approval process, any document modified while attached to an Approval Workflow should cancel the entire Approval Workflow. Submitting a document for approval that could be altered from its original form doesn't appear to secure.

Uploading a document to a Library , saving as minor versions with Alerts, then once finalized check the document in as a Major Version to trigger the Approval WorkFlow. If rejected start the process over again.

Yes, when new item created

Hi ZachryGroup,

Once any of the checkers found a problem with prototype and reject the document, I've configured the flow to terminate based on approval status.

Anyways, I'm trying to achieve this with the help of powerapp. Checker can see all the document in approval state in powerapp and they can approve/reject it from there. Once they select reject, I'm prompting them to upload new prototype(marked one) and sending an email to creator with attachment. 

Hello,

I am interested in similar solution. Did you manage to resolve your issue? if yes, how? do you happen to have a screenshot of the powerapp?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,851)