cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenHodgkiss
Frequent Visitor

Approval result going to wrong account

Hi Guys, I'm completely new to Power Automate so I'm hoping this is something really simple that I'm just being a bit thick and missing!  I'm using a modified pre-built template to create a flow which takes MS Form data and uses that info + MS365 account data to create a line manager approval.

For the most part it works perfectly, the approval goes to the line manager specified in Active Directory, they approve or deny it, that result is processed as it should be, all the emails, Teams notifications etc. go where they should BUT it also then sends the final result (and only the final result) of the Approval to me personally as a Teams 'activity' notification.  I don't want it to do this as people's leave requests and their reasons for doing so are none of my business 😛 Where's it getting 'me' from in the flow to do that bit and why would it do that when the Approval is between two totally different people?

I've checked through the output of the flow and can't really see my details coming up in there at all. So I'm assuming there's something going on in the background of the Approvals system.

BenHodgkiss_0-1637939885233.png

There's a bunch more flow after this but I'm guessing it's just the Approval that's at fault.  If the rest is needed, just shout at me and I'll try to screenshot the rest!

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenHodgkiss
Frequent Visitor

Had to take a break from this one so sorry for the long gap but, I have found a solution.  Hidden in the advanced options of the approval you can specify the requestor, have set this to use the mail of the 'Get User Profile' earlier in the Flow and all is well.

BenHodgkiss_0-1638963107698.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Its getting you from the fact that you created the flow.  If you are getting a Teams notification of the final result its probably not as a result of the approval itself.  Its probably some other action later in the flow.  If it were the approval step you would get it by email, not by teams notification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
BenHodgkiss
Frequent Visitor

Here's the rest of Flow, it's just dumping the various responses in a Sharepoint List and sending two emails, the emails are sent using a no-reply account, not mine.  Any idea which bit might be the culprit?

BenHodgkiss_0-1637940944019.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

What is in the loop under the no side of the condition?  Since that starts with Get My Profile (which would retrieve your information, that would be the place I suspect.

On the Yes side, who are the emails addressed To?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
BenHodgkiss
Frequent Visitor

Had to take a break from this one so sorry for the long gap but, I have found a solution.  Hidden in the advanced options of the approval you can specify the requestor, have set this to use the mail of the 'Get User Profile' earlier in the Flow and all is well.

BenHodgkiss_0-1638963107698.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,691)