cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Approval sending the same request repeatedly, after the approver has responded

I'm working on a sequential approval which was working fine yesterday. This morning, the flow is repeatedly sending the same request to the first approver, even after they have responded. The run history shows nothing unusual, aside from that step taking forever.

I did made a very minor change (I've been using a sharepoint list to track responses to the form that's my trigger. I added a field to track a response that I had left out), but I can't imagine that it could be causing the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if Approvals has a bug at the moment. Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@KBeale 

The value is returned by SharePoint, but I do not see any SharePoint Field added in the Approval action.

What you can try doing is 'Initialize a variable' 

Build the Approval details in the variable and then pass the variable to the approval action.

CFernandes_0-1602432291073.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@KBeale 

Can you share your flow steps ?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

It's a sequential approval, so it's quite long, but here's one branch. I'm happy to send the rest, but since it was working fine yesterday and the change I made was so minor, I'm hoping someone might have some insight on what could cause the bugginess I described (without making you look at all of the many steps that I've already tested!) 

1.png

2.png

3.png

  

4.png

5.png

6.png

@KBeale 

The problem seems to be that, Approval action is inside the Apply to each loop.

• Please remove the loop.
  • The loop is added because a SharePoint Field is returning array.
  • I would suggest add a Compose action above the start an approval (build the body) and then pass the output of the Compose action to the 'Approval' .

CFernandes_0-1602430202646.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thank you! And I'm confused because it seems that PA added that automatically, but there aren't any tokens from the list that 'value' is drawing from in the approval.. So I'm wondering what I would need to pass through "Compose" (and if you have time, how!) Sorry, I'm I real newbie.. learning a lot, but still so much to learn! 

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 17.41.20.png

@KBeale 

The value is returned by SharePoint, but I do not see any SharePoint Field added in the Approval action.

What you can try doing is 'Initialize a variable' 

Build the Approval details in the variable and then pass the variable to the approval action.

CFernandes_0-1602432291073.png

View solution in original post

@CFernandes This works perfectly and will also make building the second approval easier in future flows. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time 🙂 

@KBeale  I am glad that your problem has been resolved 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,565)