cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval to diferent managers of different departments

Hi,

I have a question about a flow that will need approval.

So here is the situation explained:

People can fill in my form in a sharepoint site, but those people dont work at the same department.

When they fill in a form, it needs to be approved by the manager of that department, so i need to make a flow that will send a e-mail to different managers of different departments, is this possible and if so how?

Thanks in advance,

Zenna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well first of all I created a flow with a condition, if the condition contained a certain name it will send a mail to that department.

For an example:

Here you can see the conditionHere you can see the conditionApproval to diferent deppartmentApproval to diferent deppartmentIf I fill in a different school it will send it to a different departmentIf I fill in a different school it will send it to a different departmentHere that department will get a mail where they can approve or rejectHere that department will get a mail where they can approve or reject

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Anonymous  I don't know if I understant well but you can try this, to send the approval email to multiples approvers.

dedpt.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
danielbazetto
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello Zenna,

Could you please let us know if the suggestion from @ChristianAbata fits your need? If not, please provide a bit more info so we can all try to assist on it.

If the previous post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ChristianAbata ,

This was not the solution I needed but I figured out myself. Thank you so much for thinking with me.

Hi Zenna,

Could you please tell us what have you done?  So this could help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well first of all I created a flow with a condition, if the condition contained a certain name it will send a mail to that department.

For an example:

Here you can see the conditionHere you can see the conditionApproval to diferent deppartmentApproval to diferent deppartmentIf I fill in a different school it will send it to a different departmentIf I fill in a different school it will send it to a different departmentHere that department will get a mail where they can approve or rejectHere that department will get a mail where they can approve or reject

View solution in original post

Hello @Anonymous 

I am looking for a solution and i saw this am faced with same challenge you are (were) dealing with, but your solution is not accurate enough for me when I have more than 5 departments. 

I am able to assign my list to the line Managers using the get manager since the hierarchy is available in SharePoint. 

The second level of Approval is for the head of that  or each department to be the final approval especially when the requester have more than one approvers in a department. 

Thank you

@dmensah I recommend you investigate the Switch control which will start and wait for an approval and further actions  based on the department of the user (or entered into the form depending on how you do it).

1-Switch.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (33,824)