cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakeGardner
Frequent Visitor

Approval to external users

Is there a way I can use flow to get approval from users that aren’t in my organisation?
4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Approval to external users

Hi @ JakeGardner,

Starting an approval from users outside the organization are not supported in Microsoft flow currently, If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

mowafakgabal Helper II
Helper II

Hi, I'm looking for the same option as we need to sen approval for owning company that they are not on the same domain name.

Has the issue been resolved/added?

WDRC Helper V
Helper V

@mowafakgabal @JakeGardner @v-yuazh-msft

I take no credit for the below but it may work for external users as that is what I was trying to achive.  But I have not tried it in anger.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/approvals-by-majority/

If this works then please let me know.  I was given a zip file of the flow, not sure how to get it to you though vai a fourn like this.

Regards,

Andrew

Highlighted
mowafakgabal Helper II
Helper II

Hi, I imported the Flow, definately it is above my level, I'm only a user, but a least I figured out that it create a html with responses sent via email.

I think that "Approval" Flow is more secure to ensure that only the emailed person respond and we capture his response.

I'll wait till Microsoft decide to add External Users to the "Approval" flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,861)