cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeodorTeter
Frequent Visitor

Approval with attachement array from email

Hello, 

Im trying o attach an attachments array in Approval. Im failing each time. Either the file is corrupted or is empty. I tried multiplie solutions from forums

1) Add multiple attachments to an approval email with Power Automate (tachytelic.net) - empty or corrupted file

2) Solved: Re: Power Automate approval with Attachments - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) - corrupted file

3)Solved: Attachment corruption on approval emails - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) - corrupted file

i tried couple other of versions which combines all above and some other treads that i found. each time effect was the same - corrupted or empty file. 

i tried making attachments array directly from email attachments, i tried saving them on SP and on OneDrive.  

current attempt look like this - effect -> corrupted files. Files that are saved on OneDrive are fine, they open properly.

So you are my last hope - any ideas on how to make it run? Please help 😞

in case its important - All attachments are in PDF 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TeodorTeter - Yes, just use attachment content and do not wrap in the base64() expression.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TeodorTeter
Frequent Visitor

Untitled.png

@TeodorTeter 

This video has you covered - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Add-Multiple-Attachments-to-an-Approv...

Having reviewed your screenshot I would expect you need to remove the "" around the base64() expression... as the quotes tell PA that you are adding a string, and therefor it will try to re-encode the content, in affect base64 encoding a base64 string... thus a corrupt file.

TeodorTeter
Frequent Visitor

@Jay-Encodian  - it helped! however only while I'm saving the attachment on on OneDrive. and using advanced scenario 

{
"name": "file.docx",
"content": {
"$content-type": "application/octet-stream",
"$content":
}
}

Is there any way to make it run directly from email attachments? 

@TeodorTeter - Yes, just use attachment content and do not wrap in the base64() expression.

View solution in original post

TeodorTeter
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! 

Now it works as it should from beginning

TeodorTeter_1-1610702180256.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,250)