Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misa
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Approval workflow that waits for a list update

Hi all and happy holidays!

I have an approval workflow with several levels of approvals.  The approval actions that i used were the Start and Wait actions.  I was wondering whether it is possible that if the approval is denied, can the workflow wait for the list item to be updated and then continue the rest of the flow?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Misa 

I believe your solution will involve creating a parent and child Flows.  If the request is denied, the a child Flow is called that will respond when you list item/library is updated.

Here is a link to information to get you started.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Misa 

I believe that what you ask is technically possible but would be difficult to implement and not a good idea.  One reason is that a Flow can run for a maximum of 30 days - after that, the Flow is cancelled.  You Flow might end up running more than 30 days.

It would be a much better idea to start a new Flow when the item is modified. 

Scott

Hi @ScottShearer and thank you.  My understanding is that the updates would be done in less than a days time.  So the flow wouldnt have time to cancel.   If we wanted to go ahead and try it, how would you suggest building it?

ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Misa 

I believe your solution will involve creating a parent and child Flows.  If the request is denied, the a child Flow is called that will respond when you list item/library is updated.

Here is a link to information to get you started.

Scott

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (55,294)