cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approvals all sent at once

Hi all,

I have created a flow where an approval request is sent before an email is automatically sent by flow.

This approval and email are within an apply to all.

There could be up to 100 emails that need to be sent.

The issue I'm having is that only one request comes through until it has been confimred.

Is there any way to send all the requests through at once, so that the reviewer can just tick approve on all at once, without having to wait for the next one to come in after he has approved one.

Attached is the area of my flow I'm having trouble with (this is all within an 'apply to each').

jcoughlan_0-1594652956891.png

jcoughlan_1-1594653022887.png

5 REPLIES 5
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Why are you including Approval Action inside Apply to each. Get Assigned to Emails in a variable inside apply to each and Then use approval action outside the loop. If same person email assigned to approval action, it will send only one approval email.

Thanks

Hardesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hardesh15 Could you show this in a sample flow?

@Anonymous 

Follow these steps-

1. Initialize a variable of type string

2. Remove your Approval action.

3. Use Append to String Variable and select your variable name and supply input your 'Assigned to' emails. please add semi colon after dynamic content so that each email is separated by semicolon. Now once apply to each completed, your variable holds all emails separated by semicolon.

4. Now add approval action outside your loop and in Assigned to field select your variable from dynamic content.

Sorry can not post screen. please follow steps it will work. take help from this post https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/New-to-Power-Automate-Copying-items-from-dropdown-from-List-A-to/m-p/599905#M52422

Thanks

Hardesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hardesh15  

Sending the emails without approval now. Any idea how to fix this?

jcoughlan_0-1594737578184.pngjcoughlan_1-1594737595229.png

jcoughlan_2-1594737609264.png

@Anonymous 

What is your requirements? Pls inbox me i will help you in this.

Thanks

Hardesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,903)