cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DorothyBL
Level: Powered On

Approvals always show as rejected

I am building a flow that when a file name within a specific library contains "DEM", it will start an approval.

When I created the file, I, as the author/creator, automatically receive a notification that my request has been rejected already. And at the same time, the approver receives notification for approval. When he tried to approve it, I did not receive any notification.

Here's the flow I built

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Approvals always show as rejected

Hi @DorothyBL , there are a couple of problems with the steps in your flow. You should use a Start and Wait for Approval (V2) action. Once it has been approved the second condition then fires and for that you should select Outcome (from the dynamic content) is equal to Approve. 

Rob
Los Gallardos

1-Start and Wait for Approval.png1-Start and Wait for Approval (V2)2-Outcome is Equal to Approve.png2-Outcome is equal to Approve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi @DorothyBL , there are a couple of problems with the steps in your flow. You should use a Start and Wait for Approval (V2) action. Once it has been approved the second condition then fires and for that you should select Outcome (from the dynamic content) is equal to Approve. 

Rob
Los Gallardos

1-Start and Wait for Approval.png1-Start and Wait for Approval (V2)2-Outcome is Equal to Approve.png2-Outcome is equal to Approve

View solution in original post

Dev_Nikhil
Level 8

Hi @DorothyBL ,

Can you please elaborate more about the Process which you want to achieve with Microsoft Flow. So Community can help you out.

As of my side i think that you are taking another Approach, However i am posting here about the Process which i am following.

1. Use "Start and Wait for an Approval" Action

2. After that condition would be like below Image and also there are further Actions of Sending Emails.

Approval_Condition.png

Hope this will solve your problem.

If it works for you please accept this as a solution so other community members will also get benefit of this thread.

Thanks & Regards

Dev_Nikhil

DorothyBL

Thanks @RobElliott it worked!

Can I just ask what is the difference of Start and Wait for Approval (V2) to my original action Create an Approval (v2)?

Thanks for your help.

Super User
Super User

@DorothyBL if you notice the dynamic content for Create an Approval doesn't have Outcome or Response whereas you do get it with Create and Wait for an Approval (V2) and you need to get what the outcome/response was before the next condition.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

DorothyBL

Got it. Will take note of this. Thank you for answering my questions. Marked your answer as the solution 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 347 members 5,106 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: