cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approvals not showing link to document in sharepoint

Hi,

I have an approval flow for some documents in a sharepoint. The flow bot sends a teams message to the approver with the link to the document in the sharepoint library. It was working fine until yesterday when the URL started to show as plain text.

I don't know what could be the problem since I haven't modified the flow.

This is how it used to look

approvals2.PNG

This is how it looks now

approvals.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if the problem still exist now? Because it is maybe a temporary bug.

If the problem still exist, could you tell me whether this error exists in web version teams or desktop teams?

Could you tell me if you put the link in ‘Details’ or ‘Item link’ in the following picture? Either of ‘Details’ or ‘Item link’ can display as clickable URL.

1.28-2.PNG

If you put it in ‘Details’, please use the markdown format.

For the markdown format, please go to the link: How To Make A Link In Markdown - TeazMedia

If you put it in ‘Item link’, please just use the link.  And you can also make it display in specific text by putting the text in ‘Item link description’.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if the problem still exist now? Because it is maybe a temporary bug.

If the problem still exist, could you tell me whether this error exists in web version teams or desktop teams?

Could you tell me if you put the link in ‘Details’ or ‘Item link’ in the following picture? Either of ‘Details’ or ‘Item link’ can display as clickable URL.

1.28-2.PNG

If you put it in ‘Details’, please use the markdown format.

For the markdown format, please go to the link: How To Make A Link In Markdown - TeazMedia

If you put it in ‘Item link’, please just use the link.  And you can also make it display in specific text by putting the text in ‘Item link description’.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

It's still the same. I am using the item link with just the link. I have also tried the markdown format in the details and it's the same.

The weird thing is that it only happens with the link to the document in the sharepoint. I have tried with other URLs and also with the link to the sharepoint library and works fine.

I don't understand what is going on

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you delete the action of creating an approval and recreate it again?

The link you put in the item link is a dynamic content or plain text? Could you show me the detailed screenshot of the step of 'create an approval'?

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have tried creating a new flow, even with a document in a new library and it didn't work.

Here's my flow

Captura.PNG

As you can see, I use a dynamic link but these are the things I've tried so far:

1. Changing the variable's value to another URL like bing.com and this worked

2. Using plain text with the URL of the document in the box "link to document", this didn't work

3. Using markdown in details with the dynamic link and with plain text, this didn't work

4. Using markdown in details with bing.com, this worked

5. Sending a team's message (not an approval) with markdown, this didn't work

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous 

It seems that you put a string variable in the 'Item link'.

Could you show me the content structure of the variable you defined?

Have you used the 'append to string variable' action to define the variable?

Also, could you show me the screenshot of the outputs of the variable after a run?

Maybe a space in the content structure causes that flow cannot recognize the link.

Or Maybe the 'append to string variable' action have contained more than one link.

There are many possibilities. So I need more info about the variable you defines here.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think it was a bug because today is working fine again.

Thank you so much for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,281)