cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChadC
Frequent Visitor

Approvals: "Response" is not appearing as a dynamic content option.

Hi, 

The "Response" dynamic content of the previous Approval node is not appearing as an option in subsequent steps.

What I'm trying to do:

1. Items in a SharePoint list are grabbed using "Get Items" 
    1. FlowStep1.PNG
  2. The approval email is created.
    1. FlowStep2.PNG
  3. I then want to update the SharePoint list with the response selected in the approval. However, the option for "Response" is not appearing.
    1. FlowStep3.PNG

Is this issue arising because I'm trying to do this within a loop? Is using Approvals in this way possible? 

Thanks for reading.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cmwilli
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have a couple of guesses. There are a few types of approvals now. "Create an Approval (V2)" starts an approval and then keeps on going. The responses aren't available until you use "Wait for an Approval (V2)". If you are using "Start and Wait for an Approval" then please disregard the above. I've also had trouble with approvals in loops, but it looks like you are trying to reference the response inside the loop, so I don't think that should be an issue. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cmwilli
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have a couple of guesses. There are a few types of approvals now. "Create an Approval (V2)" starts an approval and then keeps on going. The responses aren't available until you use "Wait for an Approval (V2)". If you are using "Start and Wait for an Approval" then please disregard the above. I've also had trouble with approvals in loops, but it looks like you are trying to reference the response inside the loop, so I don't think that should be an issue. 

View solution in original post

ChadC
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply! Do you know if using "Start and Wait for an Approval" would prevent additional approval emails from being sent while a response is pending?

Cmwilli
Frequent Visitor

It depends on how you have your flow setup. Normally the flow would stop at that point and wouldn't continue until the approval processes finished. However if you go to the settings on your "Apply to Each" Loop, you can change the Concurrency settings so that each instance of the "Apply to Each" Loop runs at the same time. All the approvals would go out, and then it would wait for all of them to finish. This might have implications for the rest of your Flow though.

ChadC
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help! I was indeed using "Create an Approval" instead of "Start and wait for an approval."

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,610)