cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eenochs
Resolver I
Resolver I

Approver Reminder Question

I have a approval with a reminder setup using a Do Until and Variables.  The problem i'm having (screenshot below) is if i have the Do Until send out a reminder email after 3 days but the person approves it in 1 day its still waiting 3 days before it moves forward in the flow.  Is there a way that when the approval happens the Do until is either bypassed or speed up so its not waiting before it moves to the next step?  Hopefully that makes sense, if not please let me know. 

approval-reminder.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eenochs ,

Please move the approval to the Do until action and check the outcome for the approval in the Do until.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@eenochs 

You have a number of options.  

1.  You can move the second approval directly under the set variable action.
  2.  Use a compose action at the top of the Flow that stores the current date (utcNow()).  Inside of the Do until loop, I assume that you have a pause action.  You might change the pause so that it pauses for one day or even more frequently.  Include some logic inside of the Flow that checks to see if three days have elapsed before sending an email.  You should also check to see if the variable has been set prior to sending the email.
  3.  I assume that that you will update the item being approved to a status of "Approved" or "Rejected" or something similar once the approval is complete.  You might include another status of "In process".  
    1. Set the status to In process immediately prior to starting the Approval action.
    2. Create a second Flow that uses a recurrence trigger that runs daily
    3. Find each item in the data sources where the status is In process and it has been three days since the last modified date and send an email

I'm sure there are other ways to go about this as well.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eenochs ,

Please move the approval to the Do until action and check the outcome for the approval in the Do until.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I got the same issue as @eenochs mentioned. So, you mean that need to put the "wait for an approval" before delay inside "Do until"? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,547)