cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Approver email to be selected from attached file content

Hi,

I have created a manual trigger flow and would like the "assigned to" to be selected from the manual trigger attached file content.

I would like the flow to run as followers.

1, user attaches excel file to send to approving manager for review and approval. Excel file will not be saved in excel online just attached to the manual flow.

2. Excel file is attached.

3. Approving manager email address is taken from a specific table cell in attached excel file.

4. Excel file is emailed to manager who reviews and approves.

Is this possible? I can only get the flow to work with a defined approver not a lookup from the attached file.

Example of file content attached with approvers email detailed below.

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you.

Flow 0.PNG

Flow 1.png

Can the assigned get selected from the attached file content excel table? Flow 2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@S_chap - It appears that this flow is manually executed. Also I see that you only have 1 manager name in the excel. Is it not possible to request user to input it as another parameter instead of excel lookup?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Hi Prasad, Yes it is possible, however I would like to have a number of approvers so a lookup of the attached file is preference. Is this possible? 

Thanks, 

Sarah 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (70,473)