cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeagLane

Approver to secondary approver flow not working

I have created a flow that *should* send an email to one of two people depending on a selection made by the orginal approver. If the orginal approver selceted option 1 it goes to person 1and same for options and person 2. 

Here is where the flow breaks down. Things work fine for option 2, but when the apporver choses opton option 1 person 1 never gets an email about it. 

Please let me know if you have suggestions or need more information. 

Flow.pngFlow2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@MeagLane 

I believe that the root cause of your issue is that you should be evaluating the Outcome from Dynamic properties and not Responses.  I suggest re-writing your Flow with a switch action that evaluates the outcome.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@MeagLane 

I believe that the root cause of your issue is that you should be evaluating the Outcome from Dynamic properties and not Responses.  I suggest re-writing your Flow with a switch action that evaluates the outcome.

image.png

Scott
muralidharan
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @MeagLane ,

The condition block may be a case sensitive. So try by trimming the values and keeping them same case(preferably lowercase)  on both the side and try it out.

As a debugging step, you can use Compose action to check the values before the condition block.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Murali.

Scott,

I just tried your version, however noe niether of the secondary approvers get an email. flow 3.png

@MeagLane 

Can you post a screen shot of a run?

Also, please show the detailed output of the Approval action.

Please note that no emails will be generated until the approval is complete.

Scott

Scott,

Thank you for your quick replay. I tested it again and it works now! Not sure what happened before, but I think we are good. Thank you so much, I've been working on this for a long time! Excited to have it work. 

Thanks!
Meag

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (26,015)