I've been trying to create an automatic archive function for a SharePoint site. I would want the person who first uploaded the document to the site to receive an automatic e-mail after the document have been uploaded without any modifications for about 6 months. Then either an answer to this e-mail will move the document automatically or if it is not possible, at least they will receive an e-mail asking if this document is not outdated and should therefor be moved to the Archive folder. Does anyone have any good suggestions for me?
You might want to try this:
1. Trigger: Recurrence -> Once a week.
2. Get Files action and in the Filter query filter files by Modified date less than 6 months from UTC now.
3. In the apply to each loop control iterate over the list that was returned in step 2 (in this action go to the settings and turn on concurrency to run the condition in parallel for all the iotems returned in the list)
4. Create a sharing link to the file
5. Send an email with options -> Option 1: Move to folder 2: Do not do anything. and the to in this emaila ction will be the created by from the get files action.
6. Based on the option recieved, if move folder then add the actions appropriately else do nothing.
Hope this Helps!
If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Hi @Anonymous ,
Many of the comments are from @yashag2255, and I will provide screenshots of configuration for some reference and attention to details:
From Step Recurrence to Step Send an email with options:
Step determine the response from the Email and Move a file:
Step Setting for Apply to each:
Please have a try, I hope it will help you.