cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave8
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Are connection references per solution or per tenant?

Hello,

I was wondering if it could be a best practice for using the same Connection reference used in other solution/flow or I should always create separate Connection reference for separate flows/solution?

Could you share the best practice on above question?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @dave8 , 

You need at least to have a Connection reference per environment per connector. 

If you import a solution that has flow(s) that will use a Connection reference that is already present in the target system, it is not necessary to include it in the solution.

Anyway, please be aware, while connection references are in preview, one connection reference can only be used within a maximum of 16 flows. If the same connection needs to be used in more than 16 flows, then create another connection reference with a connection to the same connector.

Best regards,

Ana Almeida | Power Platform Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @dave8 

In the case of the solution, you can define it within the solution. Then when you export it, you can export it with the connection.

In the case of Flows have only one connection per system. If the connection has issues, you can fix it, and all your Flows will be updated.

So the general rule, in my opinion, is to have only one connection for easier maintainability.

Cheers
Manuel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi Manuel,

Do you mean one Connection reference per solution or per tenant? consider outlook connection - now connections are usually per tenant, but it can be multiple too for the same service. e.g. "Outlook" , now if I have multiple solution using "Outlook" connection, then should I have separate CR for all solution for the outlook, or a single CR connected with Outlook can be used for all the solution?

Thanks,

Hello @dave8 , 

You need at least to have a Connection reference per environment per connector. 

If you import a solution that has flow(s) that will use a Connection reference that is already present in the target system, it is not necessary to include it in the solution.

Anyway, please be aware, while connection references are in preview, one connection reference can only be used within a maximum of 16 flows. If the same connection needs to be used in more than 16 flows, then create another connection reference with a connection to the same connector.

Best regards,

Ana Almeida | Power Platform Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (78,141)