cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamFestival
Regular Visitor

Array variable "value of type 'String'" error when testing the Flow

I am trying to initialise an array variable for a single-row HTML table (I'd actually prefer the data to be transposed into rows due to the vast amount of columns, but that's not the issue).

I am initialising the variable with the syntax:

[

{

"Name of first value": dynamic content,

"Name of seconds value": dynamic content

}

]

The dynamic content is a mix of Form entries and variables previously assigned values in the Flow.

It is returning the error when I test the flow:

The variable 'Assessor Table' of type 'Array' cannot be initialized or updated with value of type 'String'. The variable 'Assessor Table' only supports values of types 'Array'.

screencapture-emea-flow-microsoft-manage-environments-Default-e757cfdd-1f35-4457-af8f-7c9c6b1437e3-flows-450597f6-6474-484a-b3e4-6f9e9f7d470f-2021.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamFestival
Regular Visitor

To clarify, I am trying to create a single-row table. I thought that, for a single row, all elements in the array need to be contained in curly braces.
I have now abandoned this idea and simply formatted an HTML table within the email, with the data presented vertically by row. Thank you for the advice.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

You have the opening bracket the wrong way around and the JSON is not properly formed, try this:

{
	"Name of first value": "dynamic content",
	"Name of seconds value": "dynamic content"
}

Sorry, that was a typo. The brackets are the right way 'round in the Flow

But you were also missing curly braces.

JamFestival
Regular Visitor

To clarify, I am trying to create a single-row table. I thought that, for a single row, all elements in the array need to be contained in curly braces.
I have now abandoned this idea and simply formatted an HTML table within the email, with the data presented vertically by row. Thank you for the advice.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (61,839)