cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assign Approvers in Flow based on a Response field on a form and lookup table

I have built a Microsoft Form that asks for a user's location. Based on that location, I need to build a table that has each location assigned to a Region. Each Region is assigned to a different approver. I have built a workflow in Power Automate that allows the Form to create an item and store responses to the form. I then need to send the approval based on the region that is assigned. Is there a way to assign a different approver in Microsoft flow based on a response to a Form?

2 REPLIES 2
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can follow these steps below:

1- Create an action called "Initialize a variable" with the type String

2- After to get the Forms response, you can create an action called "Switch" and validate manually all regions that you allowed your users to use

3- Inside for each switch condition, you can use the action called "Set a variable", you can define the approvers for these regions separated by semi comma ";"

4- Inside your Approvals action, you can use your variable

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please show me? I don't understand how to assign the locations to a Region and then the Region to an e-mail address. I have 75 locations broken into 5 regions, Each region has one e-mail address and that e-mail address is the one I need the approval to go to.

I have another form where each of the 75 locations has a different email address it would have to use (a general manager)

I am assuming I need to create a lookup somewhere and then tie it to the question number on the form?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,100)