cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign a task in Planner from a MS Forms response

Hi Community,

I have built a flow that get responses from a MS forms. Each response requires an action from a group of 4 co-workers. We get about 20 responses a day and what I'd like to do is to assign a task to any member randomly in such a way that all of them get the same workload. Is that possible? I'd like to also add a 48 hours deadline to complete the task.

Any help is appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

hi @mmartinezq202 you need to prepare some parts I hope I can provide you a guide.

1.- Create a excel file, inside a table with your teams names has headers.

2.- to start you flow follow this example to create a especific task depending on your teams friends names.

msa.PNG

then after create task insert in your excel a value that could represent a task assigned to your teams friend.

3;- After insert a excel value add a get rows into a table to list all values from a specific column

4;- After that insert a compose action with lenght() expresion to see how many records your member have.

4.- Try to compare this value at the start of your flow to see if some user has more task than other.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,742)