cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PamsPopperwitt
Frequent Visitor

Assign item-level-permission in Sharepoint online document library by entries in person-or-group-column

Hello,

Is there any way to automatically extend the inherited permission levels of documents within a SharePoint online document library based on its value within a person-field with a workflow?

The task is to assign documents to specific users for an individual approval-process. Users should be only able to see and work with files that are specifically assigned to them by someone who maintains that document library.

I found a similar request but I am not dealing with indivual list entries and item-level permission in this case.

It would be really helpful to get any information about that topic. Thank you in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PamsPopperwitt
Frequent Visitor

I found it almost immediately after posting. In case someone is wondering: it is the "grant access to an item or folder" functionality for SharePoint.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PamsPopperwitt
Frequent Visitor

I found it almost immediately after posting. In case someone is wondering: it is the "grant access to an item or folder" functionality for SharePoint.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,544)