cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PamsPopperwitt
Frequent Visitor

Assign item-level-permission in Sharepoint online document library by entries in person-or-group-column

Hello,

Is there any way to automatically extend the inherited permission levels of documents within a SharePoint online document library based on its value within a person-field with a workflow?

The task is to assign documents to specific users for an individual approval-process. Users should be only able to see and work with files that are specifically assigned to them by someone who maintains that document library.

I found a similar request but I am not dealing with indivual list entries and item-level permission in this case.

It would be really helpful to get any information about that topic. Thank you in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PamsPopperwitt
Frequent Visitor

I found it almost immediately after posting. In case someone is wondering: it is the "grant access to an item or folder" functionality for SharePoint.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PamsPopperwitt
Frequent Visitor

I found it almost immediately after posting. In case someone is wondering: it is the "grant access to an item or folder" functionality for SharePoint.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,550)