cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinoq
Helper IV
Helper IV

Assign permission per item

I have a share-point list that I would like to assign the share-point permission per item. So user can only see the item of their own user name. I am creating a flow to batch assign the records. The user of their own user name can just see their own record. May I know how can I achieve it by flow?

batch.PNG

I have a flow like this, But this can only assign the sharepoint list per item in a sharepoint group.

How can I set a flow that , Manuel trigger a flow>>get items>>apply to each item>>assign per item to the user of a column called "user name" 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Pinoq 

You can use the below HTTP Request to get the user id by email

Mira_Ghaly_0-1599638381498.png

Then assign the variable as below

body('Get_the_Created_By_User_ID')['d']['id']

Mira_Ghaly_1-1599638514257.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Pinoq 

Please check the below example

Mira_Ghaly_0-1599197221680.png

I am not passing anything to the Headers or Body

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

But what is stored in the created by variable? 

@Pinoq 

The user that you want to assign the permissions to

@Pinoq 

You can use the below HTTP Request to get the user id by email

Mira_Ghaly_0-1599638381498.png

Then assign the variable as below

body('Get_the_Created_By_User_ID')['d']['id']

Mira_Ghaly_1-1599638514257.png

Email? Seems need the user ID

@Pinoq

Please check the above steps you will use email to get id

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,311)