Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RSA
Level: Power Up

Assigned more than 1 User Id

Hi guys,

I need to use flow to create automaticly a task in planner, my scenario is very simple.

Someone send me a email on a define adresse - flow create the task in planner with all the description that i need and affect the task to one or more user.

all works but only for 1 user id !

when i specifiy more than 1 id the process failed. im looking on community that we need to "Get user" not a problem ! but when i did it there is something wrong with *Task Id" on the next step....

I think the system do not found the "task id" create on the first step.

What is the best way to do what i want ?

Thx all

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Assigned more than 1 User Id

Hi @RSA,

How is your flow created? Could you share a screenshot of your flow?

I assume that you have specified several assignees in the Assigned User Id field. I have made a test and I found that Create a task works when there is only one assignee. If you have more than 1 assignee, the flow would be failed with error message “The assignee Id is invalid”.

I am afraid that multiple assignees in action Create a task has not been supported yet, there is a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Flow-gt-Planner-Assign-a-task-to-multiple-people-simu...

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RSA
Level: Power Up

Hi

i fix it by adding a delay before update my task

the problem isnt on the Get user; get user works like a charms

Thx for youre reply !

have a nice day

spezoinks
Level: Powered On

Sorry I am fairly new to Flow and have only used it for some of the more basic functions.  I have this same issue where I am looking to have it when a new line is created in my database that it creates a new task in Planner and assigns multiple users to that task.  I have figured everything out except on how to get more than one use to populate without errors occuring.  Those that I want assigned to the task come from 3 seperate columns in the database entry so to get the first one I have it search for users to get the user id and assign it to the task when creating it. 

I have then tried to follow what others have been saying on these forums without luck, I try to use the update a task but it is not able to find the task ID and instead wants me to chose a task from the list of tasks already in my plan (I need it to apply to the newly created task each time so I do not want to have to specify it)... any clue what I am doing wrong or could you show me an example of what it should look like to have multiple users added to a planner task that was also created by the flow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,973)