cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_Tran
Helper III
Helper III

Assigned to Email field from Sharepoint comes up Null

I am using the template: Add Planner task, send email and post to Teams on SharePoint item creation.

My issue comes from "Send an Email" where the field I used "Assigned to email" comes up null.  The item is created in a tasks library and I assign the task to the user.  Which the email of that user is located under "work email".  I even have the email displayed for that user in the task window, but it's still not passing to the field "Assigned to Email:  flow capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @S_Tran 

You could get user details using "Get User profile (v2)" action, and then get user email:

userid.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

I tried that and the error says "Resource not found".  I used the field "Assigned to" since I didn't see "Assigned to ID".  See screenshot for my available choices.Profile Capture.JPG

You can try with "Assigned to Email", although you already said it came empty (null). Just give it a try!

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Same error :

"statusCode"404,
  "message""Resource not found"
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Pretty weird... Please, when creating the task, use "AssignedTo email", so maybe the error has nothing to do with sending the email.

2021-10-14 17_02_54-Solved_ Planner Assignee Property does not work - Power Platform Community and 1.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

I still don't have any luck.  The flow works when I see use the field "Created By ID"  But for some reason I do not see "Assigned user ID"

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,230)