Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaneOZ
Level 8

Assigning an email address from a list

Hi,

I have an expense app that requires to send an email

When assaigning to an approval i have a sharepoint list that is full of email address called Supervisoremail however when i use the default dynamic content supervisoremail

flowforum.png

It doesnt send the email?

Could someone show me how to do this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Harry_G
Level 10

Re: Assigning an email address from a list

Hi @shaneOZ ,

Can you getting some error ? if yes than kindly share with us. otherwise check email address is it correct or not? put a compose action and check output for your email address.

Thanks,

Harry_G 

shaneOZ
Level 8

@Harry_G wrote:

Hi @shaneOZ ,

Can you getting some error ? if yes than kindly share with us. otherwise check email address is it correct or not? put a compose action and check output for your email address.

Thanks,

Harry_G 

No worries, the email address is correct (its mine) whats a compose action?. sorry im green to flow.

The request failed. Error code: 'InvalidApprovalCreateRequestAssignedToNoValidUsers'. Error Message: 'Required field 'assignedTo' contained no valid users in the organization'.

Harry_G
Level 10

Hi @shaneOZ ,

This occured when email address is not regirested as a user in Office365, for Approvals you can use Email ID of only office 365 users not external Email Ids.

Thanks, 

Harry_G

shaneOZ
Level 8

Hi Harry,

They are office365 users, what i did to try a work around as i do not understand the twitter example used in the wiki

I created a list on powerpoint using a list of email address and added a lookup column in my list im trying to patch and used the ID to reference it. That way if offline the user could still select the email address as i had hoped it could just send to the selected email.

So ive got to create a collection using Savedata and then load that data using Loaddata on the apps start up?

Could you give me a brief example of how i am able to do this using a person column as its the only thing stopping my apps from being completely offline?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,211)