cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adityabajaj
Microsoft
Microsoft

Assigning user email to identity field in ADO with Power Automate. User has access to ADO through Security Group

I am trying to add user in a custom added field in ADO of type 'identity'. It works fine if the user was already looked up for in identity field by clicking search. All these people are part of a security group and the SG is added to ADO for permissions. Until I search though, the Power Automate flow is not able to find the user and give me error "The identity value '<email id>' for field '<field name>' is an unknown identity." This error goes away if I went manually in ADO and searched for the user at least once in any of the fields (or ecosystem). How do I make Power Automate search for users from the security group too? It's going to make the Power Automate flow less useful if I have to search for every individual at least once or the continous changing list of people in the org.

In short, Power Automate fails until I search for the user manually in ADO by hitting the search option in ANY identity field once. All these users have access via a Security Group. Then it doesn't throw error in Power Automate ever for that same person. I could add expanded list of users in contributors but list is always changing so it is going to reduce efficiency of the flow due to manual maintainence of users in permissions vs. using a security group. 

adityabajaj_0-1637091189277.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,376)