cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Assigning user to Planner task using Create a Task action not working correctly

We have a standard 'Fill Form in', 'Add details to SharePoint list', 'Create a task' Flow for our users to log IT issues. The plan the tasks are created in only has the IT Dept as members.  In the flow 'Create a Task' action the 'Responders email' dynamic variable is included in the 'Assigned user ids' field so they can see their request has been logged and can follow the comments as the IT staff solve the issue.

The user gets the email telling them they have a new task but when they try and open it by clicking on the button they get this error message:

PlannerErr4.PNG

They are assigned the task correctly and if I go to the Plan they are a 'member'.  Whilst testing this I deleted them as a member than manually added them.  If they raise another ticket they can view the task OK.  What is the difference between them being added to the Plan programatically by 'Create a Task' and adding them manually as the Plan owner?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MrNigel ,

I did a test on my side and found that if I use Create task action to assign a task, the user populated in Assigned User Ids field is not automatically added as a member.

And my test here found that other users can directly access this task, did not meet the problem you mentioned.

It seems that this question has nothing to do with whether it is a member. As long as the corresponding user has an office 365 license and is a member of the same tenant, then he can access the task assigned to him.

In addition, if you want to add the specified user to the specified Office group, you can add the following action in front of Create a task action:

52.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @v-bacao-msft  Barry,

Let me give you more info relating to my issue:

• All users are on our tenant
  • All have an E3
  • None of the users who submit a form are a member of the plan the task is created in
  • The user who submits the form is assigned the task OK
  • The user can see the task card in the correct bucket
  • When they click on the task card to view the details, nothing happens except for the error message

The Plan members are the guys who will solve the issue, we do not want to add the users who fill the form in to the Plan, but we do want them to be able to view the task card so they can see the progress.  Regarding the 'Add member to Group' action, does that make them a member of the Plan?

Thanks,

Nigel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,572)