cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaybran
Level: Powered On

Assistance needed passing parameter from powerapp button to flow to execute a stored proc

I have an inventory app that a user will look up parts first by part type, then once they select the part, they will see the inventory available from a sql database. once they see the available inventory they then reserve what they want form the warehouse they choose.

my data sources are the sql tables (parts, [part types]) , I have views for the availble inventory by partNo and warehouse.

on the detail page, I want to show the Quantity available from the sql view filtered by the selected partno

Here is how the app works (or not yet)

First I show the part types

part type.jpg

then the user selects the part they want

part.jpg

part detail.jpgNeed to filter the data table on the selected partno

Once they see the inventory, they can click the button to go to another screen to reserve the inventory.

On the next screen I plan to make a collection of their choice and write that to my transaction table in sql and update the inventory table with the reservation.

I have having an issue filtering the data table with only the selected partno

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Assistance needed passing parameter from powerapp button to flow to execute a stored proc

The question is likely better suited for the PowerApps community, because the functionality you are seeking lies more on the PowerApps side rather than the Flow side. With that said, I may be able to point you in the right direction.

PowerApps gives you the ability to filter directly from the CanvasApp based upon user and system-based filtering. For more information, please take a look at the official documentation for Filtering, Searching, and LookUp functions in PowerApps.

For some insight into the PowerApps filtering functionality, the following inventory app blog post, and this video about building a Lego brick inventory system may offer some insight. 

One key aspect of building PowerApps is to make sure that you are only relying on Flow for what can't be done within the PowerApp. This is important, because as the apps are updated and improved, the more things that are updated or tweaked in Flow, could break your PowerApp. For that reason, you want to redecude the Flow footprint in your PowerApp where you can.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

kaybran
Level: Powered On

Re: Assistance needed passing parameter from powerapp button to flow to execute a stored proc

I have determined how to filter my data, now i have my collection that i want to pass to my stored procedure via a Flow. I have the flow connected to the app, but cannot get my collection items to "run". The test in the flow is successful when run manually. this is my collection collection.jpgcollection dataFlow with parameters.jpgflow with parameter

I cannot get this data to pass into the parameters in the flow. Can anyone guide me to the correct process to use here?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @kaybran 

What's the error message on the squiggly line? Can you please post it?

Thanks,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

>