cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paulhlee
Level: Powered On

At-Mention Variable MSTeams

I am using Planner within Teams to create tasks, and assign them to multiple teams users.  I want to use the Flow Bot to post a message to the Teams channel when a new task is created, and at-mention each user that the task is assigned to.  I can't seem to figure how to do this with multiple assigned users.  I cycle through each assigned user, pull their email address from the "Get user profile (v2)" and append to a string variable.  This pulls all the information, but when the bot posts, I get literal text.  Note that in order to add the "<" and ">" to the string variable, I had to use the HTML codes as these are apparently reserved characters.  I assume my problem lies in the method I used to add these symbols to the string.

A new task has been created and assigned to:

<at>email1@contoso.com</at>

<at>email2@contoso.com</at>

AtMentionFlow.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paulhlee

Re: At-Mention Variable MSTeams

Got it sorted... turns out that I needed to specify <html> tags in the step where I append to the string variable.  Apprently using the <html> tags tells the system to interpret the <at> and </at> tags how I wanted it to.  All good now!

Annotation 2019-11-18 152113.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@paulhlee 

Hi there.  Is there a requirement to post as the Flow bot, or can you post as you?  The reason I ask is that in the regular "Post a Message (V3) action, you can click a </> to enter the tagging codes, but in the Flow bot one, you don't have that option.

20191115a.PNG

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

paulhlee

Yes because in order to AT-Mention, you have to post as the flow bot.  Posting as myself does not support at-mentions.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @paulhlee ,

You could refer to the following method to configure your Flow.

It is recommended to add a space at the end of the value of the Append to string variable.

Image reference:

112.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
paulhlee

Got it sorted... turns out that I needed to specify <html> tags in the step where I append to the string variable.  Apprently using the <html> tags tells the system to interpret the <at> and </at> tags how I wanted it to.  All good now!

Annotation 2019-11-18 152113.jpg

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,853)