Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attach Link to Sharepoint Item List When Email is Sent

Hi,

I have a Flow which send an email every time when a new item is added to a SharePoint list. I would like to send the link to the list in the email notification but i can't find the way. I can send the name of the new item but i would like to link it to the list in SharePoint. 

Is there a way to do that?

Greetings,

Americo 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Americo,

I have tried with differents ways but this seems that cannot be done so far in flow.

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Americo,

I have tried with differents ways but this seems that cannot be done so far in flow.

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer.

I made a workaround in order to create the link to the file which leads me to list in SharePoint. 

In the e-mail message I created manually the link to the item like this:

<a href="[URL TO THE SITE COLLECTION] + {Path}">{Item name}</a>

Where:

[URL TO THE SITE COLLECTION] = http://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/mysite

{Path} = the path to the file

{Item Name}= the name of the new item.

Hope this help someone until Microsoft add the "tag" to set the url just like when we set the path to the file.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

Here is the solution you were seeking. It's available just like you want it now.

Link-To-Item-Flow.png

Highlighted

How do you use the "Link to Item"?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't work. There is no way to access the link to item field entry in a finished Approval, using webclient or flow on Android. It won't insert the link either, if you try to send it in the description field of the Approval, either. It's useless unless you are desiring to have to create columns to concat/house all of the information that you should be able to do dynamically. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,063)