cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulb4 Helper I
Helper I

Attach a file in 'Send an email'

Hello everyone,

I built a flow and I'd like to send an email right after a Approval step (if approved). In this email I'd like to add a file that is in my OneDrive or anywhere else on my computer.

I only find help on file that is on a SharePoint and is modified or stuff like that...

Until the Approval step, everything's OK.

I only need to add a file to an email.

Capture3.PNG

What must I type? What must I build?

Help please!

And thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Attach a file in 'Send an email'

Hello,

Please follow this blog:
It is showing SharePoint, but instead use the onedrive connectors. It is basically same steps
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/multiple-attachments-single-email/

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up ?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @paulb4 ,

Could you please provide a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

We should get the file property and file content by using different actions and we need to know where are we could get this file.

If the file stored in SharePoint Library, you could use Get file properties action and Get file content action to get Filename and file content.

Like:

36.PNG37.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
paulb4 Helper I
Helper I

Hello @v-bacao-msft ,

First of, thanks.

I figured I also have to modify the file before it to be send. Sorry it's too complicated for me and I'm really not confortable with all of that so please be really precise when you explain something! 🙂

So let me explain everything: I created a Form on which the user has to fill differents things (questions 1, 2, 3, 4) and choose from a list.

If he chooses the answers A, B, C or E in the list, then a file is sent to someone. The file is an Excel table.

I realized I need that before the said file is sent, the answers the user gave in questions 1, 2 and 3 has to be noted inside the file, in cells A10, B10 and F10.

The modified file is sent to the person.

Of course, I need to keep the initial file unmodified for the next users. And as said in my first message, this all happen right after an Approval step (so everything goes on if the approver said 'Approved').

So I can't do everything that is in BOLD

Can you help me with all of that, please?

Oh and the file is in my OneDrive but I can put it in a SharePoint file, if it is required, of course. I guess people wouldn't be able to modify a file that is on my OneDrive?

You'd be the best if you can solve all of my issues! (within this topic...not in my entire life! 😉 )

And so far, I didn't build anything for this particular flow because I just have no idea how to.

I want to create it separately to test it a few times and then if it's what I need, I'll add it to my existing flow (which Imma use).

T.H.A.N.K.S. 😄

paulb4 Helper I
Helper I

Hello @Jcook ,

Sorry but I don't understand many things in what you forwarded. Thank you for your time but it doesn't seem to match what I need. I gave a better explaination in my response to @v-bacao-msft a few minutes ago. If you can check there and see if you can help me, it'll be much appreciated.

Once again, I'm really not confortable with all of this so I easily get lost, sorry.

Hope you'll be able to help me once again 🙂

Cheers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,940)