cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Attach multiple attachments to approval email

I'm trying to create an approval flow which requires me to attach multiple attachments to the approval email sent out. I'm using "Start and Wait for an Approval" step, with an "attachmentArray" in the attachment section. When I run the flow, the approval step fails:

Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 11.43.28 AM.pngScreenshot 2019-12-06 at 11.44.45 AM.pngScreenshot 2019-12-06 at 11.46.08 AM.png

For the "Append to Array" step, I'm using the following expression to get the "ContentBytes":

body('Get_attachment_content').$content

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Attach multiple attachments to approval email

Hi @Eyk 

The Attachments in Approvals are a bit different. While creating the array you need to use content instead of content bytes. You can checked my solved post here for more: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Power-Automate-approval-with-Attachments/... 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Eyk 

In the append variable action where you are writing in the attachment content can you change the expression to: Base64(<attachementContentsVariable/>).

This should ensure the Base64 representation of the attachment content (the $content) is correctly appended to the variable.

If you're still having an issue, try adding the AttachmentContents variables in it's entirety to the array variable...

HTH

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Jay-Encodian,

I tried your suggestion and changed my expression to:

base64(body('Get_attachment_content').$content)

but unfortunately, the error persists. I tried attaching the AttachmentContent variable without any success as well. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Eyk 

The Attachments in Approvals are a bit different. While creating the array you need to use content instead of content bytes. You can checked my solved post here for more: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Power-Automate-approval-with-Attachments/... 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @yashag2255,

Thanks for this solution! Tried it and now my attachments are successfully sent with the approval request.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Eyk 

As per first post 😉

"If you're still having an issue, try adding the Attachment Contents variable in it's entirety to the array variable"

No worries I see you've got it working as @yashag2255 added the same instruction 🙂

My best

Jay

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,872)