Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attach the original form when creating new task in Planner from the Form

Hi,

I have successfully build the flow from Form to Planner. Now I am wondering if we can attach the original form while creatig the new task using Flow.

Best.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Attach the original form when creating new task in Planner from the Form

So, this is fun...  Here's some theory, let me know if you like the idea:

If you can add the form response details HTML or some basic text, you can add that to the description of the task, right?

The Create a Task action doesn't let you add anything to the description, so you'd have to add a step "Update the task details" and use the "ID" from the "Create a Task" action you already have.

Let me know what you think.

-Ed-

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: Attach the original form when creating new task in Planner from the Form

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to convert the Form Response to a file output and add it as an attachment to the task?

If so, you can try to convert the Form response into a .doc file by getting the response detail.

Or refer to @edgonzales's  suggestion that adds the response detail to the task details. Here I will show you screenshots of both methods:

Method 1: Add the response detail to the task detail.Annotation 2019-05-24 133304.pngMethod 2: Convert the Form response into a .doc file and store the file in a SharePoint library, then append the link of the file into the task details.

Annotation 2019-05-24 140031.png

You can have a try with it. If there is any problem, you can post a screenshot of your flow configuration, and we will help you solve it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,390)