cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Attaching a document submitted in Microsoft Form inside Approval

Hi,

I'm trying to build a flow where someone fills out a Microsoft Form and one of the questions asks them to upload an attachment (pdf or .docx.) I've been researching but cannot figure out which is the best path to include the attachment inside an approval. So ideally, if they answer yes to a certain question, the approver gets the approval request with:

Approve Y/N
Information they answered in the form
Attachment they uploaded in the form

Do I need to the PARS JSON feature for this? If so, what do I put in there? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Littlefoot123,

You could refer to this blog to learn how to extract attachments from the MS Form, and send them via Approval request:

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-files-on-ms-forms-in-ms-power-automate 

In this blog, it is using the Send email for instance, you could replace the Send Email action to Send Approval request action.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Littlefoot123,

You could refer to this blog to learn how to extract attachments from the MS Form, and send them via Approval request:

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-files-on-ms-forms-in-ms-power-automate 

In this blog, it is using the Send email for instance, you could replace the Send Email action to Send Approval request action.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

RESOLVED - below

Hi @v-litu-msft , thanks for the reply! I'm still having issues with getting it to work correctly. I copied in the code for the PARSE JSON but I don't quite understand Step 4.

The 'Get file content using path' will only let me select a path to an exact item within the folder, not the entire folder itself. Also, in the expression: Expression: first(body('Parse_JSON'))?['name'] - what is supposed to go into name? It's going to be a different document uploaded each time by the user, not the same document each time so what should be in the name portion?

Highlighted

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 7.48.01 PM.png

Feel like I'm doing something wrong here- the file path won't let me select the entire folder. This is where the flow is failing.

Highlighted

Hey so I figured it out! I had to refresh the flow and delete the item name and then add the expression Expression: first(body('Parse_JSON'))?['name'] after the file path.

It looks like it is working as intended now, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,415)