cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlazejSzymul
Frequent Visitor

Attaching a template excel file in a mail

Hello.

My question is quite simple. As a result of adding item to a SharePoint list and then approving it, I would like to send person who is responsible for the task an e-mail that contains a template file to filled attached. Is there any action available that can provide this kind of funcionality? As far as I have reviewed the advanced options of sending e-mail by O365 and Outlook they are both not capable of it, or maybe I am missing something important here?

2 REPLIES 2
Perumal
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Microsoft Flow currently targets to automate the tasks across system, as I remember only in Approve / Reject email action, the user provide input to the Flow and Flow waits for the user input. It seems your case of option to input the filed form to the email is not available, but these options are available other 3rd party BPM solutions. 

Usually waiting for the user input is difficult part in the BPM processes, since we need to put the running process in ideal state still the input is available, once the user provides the input we need to start the process at the point where it stops and proceed. This requires storing all the associated informations for the process also. 

yoshihirok
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, @BlazejSzymul

I want to use the Excel template file too.

My senario is Get Values from Excel/Mail/SharePoint list, Do something with values by using Excel template file.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,164)