Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickas
Helper V
Helper V

Attaching file to sharepoint together with sender email

Hello,

I would like to ask how make in order to add column with email address of sender. Scenario is that - user is sending email with attached document to another user, then file appears in sharepoint together with email address. I can't pass email address by building a new column in Sharepoint.

Here is my flow:

nickas_0-1640852284536.png

4 REPLIES 4
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @nickas ,

after you create the file you'll need another action: 'Update file properties' to update the email address in the column.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]
nickas
Helper V
Helper V

Hello,

I was made that sender email appeared in same column as attached file name column. My point is to using MS Flow add new column and add email address value in that column. Let's imagine - user is sending email with attached file, then attached file appears in the sharepoint together with a new column which contains email address of the sender. Or if something column exists then write value to that column.

nickas
Helper V
Helper V

@tom_riha file is attached in the Sharepoint, so how to add new column with sender email address value. Let's imagine, appears email_address column with email address name field.

Hello @nickas ,

if it's an item then just add the 'Update item' action to update the email in the email column.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,663)