cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samstarzy
Level: Powered On

Attachment Body of SharePoint List is registering as blank when over 1MB

Hi all,

I am building a flow that takes an attachment from a SharePoint List and moves it into a Document Library along with the metadata input in the List form. I have gotten the flow to work with small files, but any time I try to attach a larger file (>1MB) the flow finishes (successfully) without moving the file into my document library. It appears that the "body" is registering as empty, and so the flow finishes thinking there is nothing to be moved. See below.

Capture.PNG

If I then go back into the flow editor and resubmit the flow, the file is successfully moved over to the Document Library. See below.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Does anyone know how I can resolve this? As mentioned, this flow works fine when the file is approximately under 1MB.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
samstarzy

Re: Attachment Body of SharePoint List is registering as blank when over 1MB

Delaying the flow for a couple of minutes after adding the list item seems to be a good solution.

Props to @andrew_blubase for posting here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/run-scheduled-tasks

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @samstarzy,

I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side. When the attachment file is more than 1 MB, the Attachment Body of the "Get attachments" action of my flow would return empty. When I resubmit the flow, the flow works successfully as normal.

Thanks for your feedback, I think your thought is available. You could add a "Delay" action within your flow to solve your problem as an alternative solution.

I have made a test on my side and my flow's configuration as below:1.JPG

The flow works successfully as  below:2.JPG

I would also post this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

If you have solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
samstarzy

Delaying the flow for a couple of minutes after adding the list item seems to be a good solution.

Props to @andrew_blubase for posting here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/run-scheduled-tasks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @samstarzy,

I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side. When the attachment file is more than 1 MB, the Attachment Body of the "Get attachments" action of my flow would return empty. When I resubmit the flow, the flow works successfully as normal.

Thanks for your feedback, I think your thought is available. You could add a "Delay" action within your flow to solve your problem as an alternative solution.

I have made a test on my side and my flow's configuration as below:1.JPG

The flow works successfully as  below:2.JPG

I would also post this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

If you have solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ClaireAllen

Hello @samstarzy

You mentioned in your post you were able to move the Metadata also, this was something that I struggled with.

Are you able to send me screen shots of how to managed to get the Metadata to move with the document, as the workflow works really well, just did not move my Metadata.

Thank you

Claire

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 306 members 5,206 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: