cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment saved from shared mailbox to OneDrive/Sharepoint is incorrect

Hello All,

I have build simple flow that should download attachments from Shared Mailbox and save on OneDrive.

Trigger used: When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2)

Flow is valid and works, but unfortunately as a result, file created on OneDrive is incorrect.

Saved file is empty (independently on the file format) - contains only metadata of file..

It looks like a bug..

I already tested different options:

- same flow with different trigger (On new email - my mailbox) - works correctly (so flow is correct)
- same trigger but saving whole email to .eml - works correctly (so all accesses are ok)

- same trigger and flow but saving attachment to Sharepoint online - file created incorrectly (like to OneDrive)

Do You think there is something incorrect?
Any idea for workaround?

My flow:
FLOW.jpg

File (pdf in this example but opened with notepad):

FIle.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Did you try also to add 'Get attachments' action to get the attachment data before you create the file?

image.png

Also I see you're using the email subject as the 'File Name'? Isn't the file missing the file extension?

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ ... and if you like my response, you might like also the tips and solutions on my Power Automate related blog ]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Did you try also to add 'Get attachments' action to get the attachment data before you create the file?

image.png

Also I see you're using the email subject as the 'File Name'? Isn't the file missing the file extension?

[ ... and if you like my response, you might like also the tips and solutions on my Power Automate related blog ]

View solution in original post

Hi @tom_riha 

Many thanks! That actually works! 🙂

and yes for subject it requires file extension - I used Subject with one of my tests. now I just use attachment name which does not require extension.

but a bit confusing that this additional step is required for shared mailbox and not for personal..

cheers!

I needed this step also for my personal mailbox, when I tried to 'Test run' run the flow, it always broke the uploaded file without it. So I had to either add this additional step, or sent a fresh email with each test run. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (73,908)